Mother’s Day is upon us! Let’s say thank you to our mums by cooking her a delicious meal this weekend. We are featuring our ever popular Northern Harvest Salmon fillets this week. This salmon is a premium product that is adored by all of our local chefs. Come in and take some home today.
Here is a simple and elegant recipe that pairs beautifully with a cous cous salad or grilled vegetables.
Crispy Citrus Salmon
- Olive oil
- 2 6 oz portions of Northern Harvest Salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons of panko bread crumbs (available in store)
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 lemon juice (you can use the same one you zested)
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon slices, optional
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and grease with olive oil to avoid sticking. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Transfer to baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine panko, parsley and 1 teaspoon each lemon zest and lime zest. Sprinkle over salmon, pressing into tops and sides of fish to adhere; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil on medium. Add shallots and saute, stirring frequently, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add couscous and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in broth and kale. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer gently until liquid is absorbed and couscous is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer salmon to oven and bake until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- To couscous, add lemon juice, remaining 1 teaspoon each lemon zest and lime zest and Parmesan and stir to combine. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Divide couscous mixture and salmon among serving plates. If desired, serve with lemon slices.