In keeping with our monthly theme of highlighting our gorgeous salmon fillets, here is another delicious recipe!
Lemony Pistachio Crusted Salmon
- 1 (2 to 3-pound) side salmon, skin on
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 4 tablespoons stone-ground mustard (available in store)
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts (available in store)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (available in store)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Arrange the side of salmon on an oven proof baking sheet, skin side down. Mix the lemon juice and mustard together in a small bowl and spread sparingly over the top of the salmon.
Coarsely grind the pistachios in a food processer. Add the panko bread crumbs, the melted butter, Parmesan, lemon zest, brown sugar, salt and pepper, to taste. (note; the crust should be slightly wet to help to stick to the salmon)
Sprinkle the pistachio mixture over the mustard to cover the salmon evenly.
Put in the preheated oven and bake until the salmon reaches the correct doneness, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
This dish pairs very nicely with a fresh arugula salad or grilled vegetables. Try some cous cous salad with this delicious salmon dish to add some texture contrast.