Last week we told all the glory that is our Rainbow Trout. We think enough said.
Grilled Trout with Radicchio and Orange-Almond Vinaigrette
- 2 navel oranges, halved
- 2 heads radicchio, halved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing (available in store)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (available in store)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted blanched almonds (available in store)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (available in store)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus whole leaves, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Hawkins’ honey (available in store)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (available in store)
- 4 Rainbow Trout fillets
- Canola oil, for brushing
Heat a charcoal or gas grill to high for direct grilling. Brush the cut sides of the oranges and radicchio with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put the oranges and radicchio cut-side down on the grill and cook just until charred and slightly softened. Transfer the radicchio to a platter.
Squeeze the orange juice into a bowl and whisk in the almonds, vinegar, parsley, honey, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Brush the trout fillets with canola oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill until golden brown and slightly charred on both sides and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to the platter with the radicchio and immediately drizzle with the vinaigrette. Garnish with parsley leaves.
Serve along side a bed of red quinoa seasoned with lemon and garlic.