Blackened Trout with Spicy Kale
- 2 tablespoons San Guiliano extra-virgin olive oil (available in store)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 5 Green Onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Magic’s Blackened Red Fish Seasoning (available in store)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 cups fresh kale
- Sriracha Sauce
- 4 trout fillets
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the celery and scallion whites and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and 1 teaspoon each Magic’s seasoning and brown sugar and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add the beans, tomatoes and 3/4 cup water; bring to a simmer and cook until the liquid is slightly reduced, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the kale and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the scallion greens and a few squirts of the sriracha.
Meanwhile, mix the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons each Magic’s seasoning and brown sugar and sprinkle on the flesh side of each fish fillet. Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 fillets, seasoned-side down, and cook, undisturbed, until blackened on the bottom, 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully turn the fillets and cook until opaque, about 1 more minute. Transfer to plates. Repeat with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and 2 fish fillets. Serve with the kale and lemon wedges.