Swordfish is a beautiful choice for a meal. It has a mild sweet flavour with a moist dense meaty texture, this makes the fish ideal for grilling, broiling, baking, pan searing and smoking.
We have choice to feature a grilling recipe with the Swordfish this week. Because of it higher fat content grilling this fish will be a breeze and you won’t have to worry about it falling apart on you on the grill. We hope you love this fool proof recipe as much as we do! Happy grilling!
Ocean Rubbed Swordfish Kebobs
- 2 lbs Swordfish Loins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
- 3 heaping tablespoons of Fire in the Kitchen’s Ocean Rub
- 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green chile, such as a serrano, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint
Heat up your grill to medium high heat. Lightly oil the grate.
In a medium bowl, combine the with the garlic and mash to a paste with the back of a spoon. Stir in the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the swordfish and toss well to coat. Thread the swordfish chunks on twelve 8-inch bamboo skewers.
In another medium bowl, combine the lime juice with the sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cucumbers, onion, green chili and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
Season the swordfish with salt and grill the skewers over a hot fire, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the swordfish skewers to a platter and serve right away with the cucumber salad.